Trucking Company obtains a Defense Verdict in Greene County on Cross-over Accident.


In 2006, a trucking company was successful in obtaining a defense verdict in Greene County involving two wrongful death claims. The claimants were traveling westbound on I-44 and were attempting to pass another vehicle when it allegedly swerved causing the claimant to lose control, cross the median and strike the defendant’s tractor-trailer traveling in the eastbound lanes of I-44. After a seven day trial and seven hours of deliberation, a Greene County jury in Springfield, Mo. held that the trucking company was not liable. The jury found that the claimants were 35% at fault and the other eastbound vehicle that swerved to be 65% at fault. This resulted in a net verdict for the claimants of $275,000.00.